[Valid Atom 1.0]

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Kindness: a Three Day Challange

Today in the Grocery store I had a Cyst pop.  This means I am bent over and about ready to pass out from the pain.  I had to stop and grab the frozen food door handle to steady myself while I took relaxing deep breaths.  A couple came up to me and I guess I must have been in the way.  I was trying to not pass out and they start giving me dirty looks like I am keeping them from the frozen vegetables purposely.  They had no idea what was going on with me and could have cared less.  I was in between them and the frozen peas.  How dare I do that to them?  At no time did they ask me to move, they just reached around me, they didn't ask how I was, they didn't care.  

What is so exciting about Frozen Peas that you need to be that rude to someone in pain?  While I will be the first to admit that I am not always the most thoughtful person, I don't try to go out of my way to be cruel to anyone.  

While having a cyst burst is not something that happens to most people, it is a pain like being stabbed from the inside.  It comes on fast and often with no warning.  Not only that, but the pain can linger for a while before finally easing off.  Just because I wasn't bleeding didn't mean that nothing was wrong.  

I ask that you take a second and make sure that you are not being needlessly cruel to others.  While you may not understand what they are going through, I cost them nothing but a few seconds.  There was no reason for the dirty looks and the attitude.  I didn't even care if they reached around me.  I simply couldn't move at that time.  So just take a few minutes and think about others before you decide what is wrong.  

I would like each and every reader to be kind to others if only for three days.  See how much of a difference it can make in your life and the lives of others around you.  That is my challenge to you for this weekend.  Please let me know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment