[Valid Atom 1.0]

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Gluten in Non-Food Products

This Image is Public Domain
I recently made a mistake and managed to get myself into gluten, when I say recently, I mean yesterday.  It was only after the fact did I think about what I was doing.  I had used latex gloves and had not checked what was in the powder.  I was thinking baby powder or corn starch, well I was right it was baby powder, a nice mixture of talc and gluten.  I had taken off the glove and not thinking I started to bite my nails.  Yep, I was sick.  I am still sick from that mistake.  So I am creating another list of household gluten containing items that are not (generally) edible.  

Medication:

Pills
Cough Syrups
Cough Drops
Vitamins
Minerals
Capsules

Toiletries:  

As I have mentioned a lot there is gluten in every type of makeup.  So I will skip those items
Toothpaste
Mouthwash
Baby Powder
Bath Salts
Soap
Sunscreen


Household items:

Detergents
Rubber Gloves, Latex Gloves
Cleaning solutions
Envelopes (I keep reading that this is not true, however, I have gotten sick off them so just don't like them if you can avoid it.)

Random items:

Glue
Art Supplies (especially Play dough or molding dough)
Gum
Pet Food

This is a basic list to get you started and to make sure that you read the ingredients on things you don't PLAN on eating.  From my experience that doesn't always happen the way I would want it to.  


What other items have you found gluten in?  

No comments:

Post a Comment