I love Green Bean Casserole and for the last few holidays I have missed the opportunity to have it since I know I can't eat the crisp onions or most cream of mushroom soups. I saw a critical piece of information today that made me adjust that thought. Funyuns are not labeled gluten free but according Frito-Lay they do not contain Gluten. I saw this and quickly made a few adjustments to have gluten free Green Bean Casserole for Thanksgiving. This is based off the Campbell recipe. I no way endorse these products. These are just what I will be using.
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) GF Cream of mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup milk (or 1/4 cup milk if the soup is not condensed)
- 1 teaspoon GF Soy Sauce (I use Kikkoman Gluten Free)
- Dash ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked cut green beans (I like to use well drained canned)
- 1 1/3 cups Funyuns Onion Flavored rings (lightly broken up)
Directions (preheat oven to 350)
- Mix the soup, milk, GF soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cup Funyuns in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Bake at 350°F. for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the bean mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining Funyuns.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the Funyuns are golden brown.