[Valid Atom 1.0]

Monday, November 19, 2012

Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole Semi-Homemade


I love Green Bean Casserole and for the last few holidays I have missed the opportunity to have it since I know I can't eat the crisp onions or most cream of mushroom soups.  I saw a critical piece of information today that made me adjust that thought.  Funyuns are not labeled gluten free but according Frito-Lay they do not contain Gluten.   I saw this and quickly made a few adjustments to have gluten free Green Bean Casserole for Thanksgiving. This is based off the Campbell recipe. I no way endorse these products. These are just what I will be using. 

Ingredients:
  • 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) GF Cream of mushroom Soup 
  • 1/2 cup milk (or 1/4 cup milk if the soup is not condensed) 
  • 1 teaspoon GF Soy Sauce (I use Kikkoman Gluten Free) 
  • Dash ground black pepper  
  • 4 cups cooked cut green beans (I like to use well drained canned) 
  • 1 1/3 cups Funyuns Onion Flavored rings (lightly broken up)


Directions (preheat oven to 350)

  • Mix the soup, milk, GF soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cup Funyuns in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
  • Bake at 350°F. for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling.  Stir the bean mixture.  Sprinkle with the remaining Funyuns.
  •  Bake for 5 minutes or until the Funyuns are golden brown.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment