[Valid Atom 1.0]

Friday, November 16, 2012

Gluten Free Fried Rice semi-homemade

I have been getting on theme nights recently and for the last two days we had Mexican food.  Tonight I have moved onto an oriental kick, I will be making another oriental inspired dish tomorrow.   I paired this dinner with the Gluten free egg rolls from Feel Good Foods.  If you are dying to have an egg roll they are pretty decent.  I am not claiming them to be the greatest egg rolls ever, but they are good for gluten free, they are the best egg rolls I have been able to eat for a year.

For Soy Sauce choices I personally use Kikkoman gluten free soy sauce since I like the flavor.  What soy sauce you use is up to you. I have one that I am going to review that is still coming so I will let you know how it turns out. This recipe can be a meal or a side dish.  I am thinking of trying a GF sweet and sour chicken recipe soon, just not sure yet how I am going to pull that off.  I am thinking that a gluten free baking mix will be of great help to me.  

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups cold cooked rice 
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine 
  • 1 bunch of green onions (chopped)
  • 2 stalks celery (chopped)
  • 1 large bag of frozen peas and carrots
  • 3 eggs (beaten)
  • 1/2 cup GF soy sauce (to taste)
  • 5 drops of sesame oil (if desired)
  • Pepper (to tastes)
Directions: 

  • In a large Non stick skillet melt the butter 
  • Add the Onion and Celery and sauté for about 3 minutes
  • Add the peas and carrots cook about one minute
  • Push all the vegetables to the side and scramble the eggs in the butter on the empty side of the skillet.
  • Mix the scrambled eggs and the veggies and season with pepper and sesame oil
  • Add the soy sauce
  • Slowly add in the rice a little at a time and mix well
  •  Fry until everything is hot. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment