I have been getting on theme nights recently and for the last two days we had Mexican food. Tonight I have moved onto an oriental kick, I will be making another oriental inspired dish tomorrow. I paired this dinner with the Gluten free egg rolls from Feel Good Foods. If you are dying to have an egg roll they are pretty decent. I am not claiming them to be the greatest egg rolls ever, but they are good for gluten free, they are the best egg rolls I have been able to eat for a year.
For Soy Sauce choices I personally use Kikkoman gluten free soy sauce since I like the flavor. What soy sauce you use is up to you. I have one that I am going to review that is still coming so I will let you know how it turns out. This recipe can be a meal or a side dish. I am thinking of trying a GF sweet and sour chicken recipe soon, just not sure yet how I am going to pull that off. I am thinking that a gluten free baking mix will be of great help to me.
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 bunch of green onions (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 large bag of frozen peas and carrots
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 cup GF soy sauce (to taste)
- 5 drops of sesame oil (if desired)
- Pepper (to tastes)
- In a large Non stick skillet melt the butter
- Add the Onion and Celery and sauté for about 3 minutes
- Add the peas and carrots cook about one minute
- Push all the vegetables to the side and scramble the eggs in the butter on the empty side of the skillet.
- Mix the scrambled eggs and the veggies and season with pepper and sesame oil
- Add the soy sauce
- Slowly add in the rice a little at a time and mix well
- Fry until everything is hot.