[Valid Atom 1.0]

Thursday, November 15, 2012

GF Chicken Enchiladas Semi-Homemade



Recently I have been busy with so many things, I am getting my holiday gift guide ready to release on thanksgiving night.  I know this is later than other gift guides however; I am a firm believer in one holiday at a time.  So Thanksgiving night it will release.  I have some great gift and food ideas as well as some of the recipes I have been sharing.  Also speaking of recipes, I have a great Gluten Free Chicken Enchilada.  Down side to this is that by using the corn tortillas without any flour means that they tend to fall apart.  This however does not affect the taste. 

Ingredients
  •     1 1/2 pound boneless chicken breasts, poached and shredded
  •     4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  •     2 cans La Victoria Red Enchilada sauce mild (yes it is GF)
  •     8 corn tortillas (I personally use the Santa Fa brand)
  •    You can garnish with Tomatoes, onions, sour cream and shredded lettuce if you choose. Personally I love to add diced jalapenos to the chicken mixture.  However, this step is optional.

Directions: Preheat oven to 375
  •  Mix the shredded chicken with half of the cheese (also add jalapenos if you wish).
  •  Add 1 can of the red enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
  • Stuff 10 corn tortillas with the mixture and roll up, place them seam side down into the enchilada sauce.
  • Pour the other can of red enchilada sauce over the top, then sprinkle on remaining cheese.
  • Bake at 375 degrees until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Serve with sour cream, lettuce, onion and tomato. 

I love to combine this with my cream cheese bacon wrapped jalapenos.  If you want to do those with your Enchilada's the recipe is located Cream Cheese Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos

No comments:

Post a Comment