[Valid Atom 1.0]

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Cream Cheese Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos'

I am writing this as the smell of my cream cheese bacon wrapped jalapenos baking fill the apartment.  Ok, I confess that they are not mine, the recipe was given to me by one of my best friends.  However, since the ingrate never reads my blog he will not see this anyway.  Since he won't see this anyway they are now my recipe.

Recipe

12-25 Fresh Jalapenos' (the more pointed the end the hotter the peppers will be.  I like the rounded and mild peppers)
1-2 packages of GF cream cheese (depending on how many you make. 
1-2 TBS of red chili powder
1-2 Packages of bacon.
Toothpicks
Rubber or Nitrile gloves (latex doesn't work)

Directions: Use the gloves for the whole procedure to avoid getting the pepper oil on your hands. Preheat oven to 450

1-Mix the softened cream cheese with the chili powder (I soften the cream cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds) 
2- Cut the bacon in half short-ways
3- Cut the top off the peppers and cut them all in half longways. 
4-Remove seeds from peppers. If you like things hotter, try keeping a few seeds in the pepper.
5- Stick two toothpicks through the empty peppers one near where the tip is and one near where the stem used to be.
6- Fill the peppers with the cream cheese mixture
7- Wrap 1/2 slice of bacon around each pepper half using the toothpicks to hold it in place
8- Place on baking racks over baking sheets (this allows the grease to drain) and place in 450 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked. 
9-Remove and serve when after 10 minutes or after they have cooled.

This recipe is time consuming but it is so worth it.  Not only that but with the right cream cheese everything is gluten free.  I have seen other versions of this recipe that require shredded cheddar if you want to add it than mix it into the cream cheese or sprinkle on top of the cream cheese prior to adding the bacon. 

Also since it is Breast cancer awareness month as well as Celiac awareness month I have found that yoplait is doing their pink lids again.  This means that for every lid you turn in they will donate $0.10 for breast cancer research.  Since almost every Yoplait is gluten free (except for the ones with granola or cookie pieces) this is a great way to eat gluten free, keep up your probiotics as well as help donate to breast cancer research.  Just follow the instruction on the lid and enjoy.  

Ok I was supposed to start my diet yesterday and I have to admit I failed.  It was one of those days that everything went wrong, from the house we own (and have rented) to not all of my blood pattern analysis homework getting attached by the stupid site (a lower grade, but still top of the class and still have a high A) To Comcast not giving me my refund back since they say I still owe them equipment. (I don't, I owned my own cable modem and never was issued one of theirs.) I couldn't even do laundry right.  So in the end I broke down and we went out to pizza.  It really was a bad day for everyone and I was terrified that I was going to screw up cooking dinner.  So we have having taco and Cream cheese bacon wrapped Jalapenos' with a salad for dinner tonight instead of last night.  I thought that I would be honest since I failed at even starting my diet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment