[Valid Atom 1.0]

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Gluten in my beauty products? YEP!



After seeing a whole bunch of ads for Gluten free makeup I started wondering how many of my beauty products contain wheat or gluten.  I had to throw out some of my lip balms, some of my mineral makeup and a good portion of my lipsticks, even a few body lotions.  I started looking for a few key words in these products.  

Words To Look For:

Words to look for
Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour
Cyclodextrin
Dextrin
Dextrin Palmitate
Disodium Wheatgermamphodiacetate
Hydrolyzed Malt Extract
Hydrolyzed Oat Flour
Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein
Hydrolyzed Wheat Flour
Hydrolyzed Wheat Gluten
Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer
Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch
Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
Malt Extract
Maltodextrin
Phytosphingosine Extract (Barley)
Samino Peptide Complex (Barley)
Secale Cereale (Rye) Seed Flour
Sodium C8-16 Isoalkylsuccinyl Wheat Protein Sulfonate
Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract
Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil
Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Gluten
Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Starch
Wheat Amino Acids
Wheat Germ Glycerides
Wheat Germamidopropalkonium Chloride
Wheat Protein
Wheatgermamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate
Yeast Extract

Contains Gluten, :(


If your products contain these words it might be time to start looking for other products 

Some of the items thrown away are my Dove hair products, My daily moisturizing lotion, a few lip balms, and what is pictured.  While it is a smaller portion of the makeup I own and use on a regular basis this is still sad for me.  Two of the items were favorites.  It is going to be hard to find Gluten free equivalents. 
On the up side I was able to keep a lot of my makeup.  The only thing I need to replace right away is my daily moisturizing lotion and my hair care products.  So I will get started on finding another type of lotion as well as a basic hair care products that I love and I am going to be taking a much closer look at each and every item I buy.  
I know that you do not put these items into your mouth and if you are ingesting them then you are doing something wrong.  However, things that goes on hands, on your lips or around your eyes can get inside of you. This can include hair care products if you often touch your hair.

Did Not contain Gluten! :
I found a lot of the above information from Gluten Free Insider they even have lists of what the companies have to say about their products and if they contain Gluten.  If you have questions about if your products Containing Gluten feel free to check it out.  Also take a good look at the ingredients of your own products if you think you might be reacting. 



























































































RYE



BARLEY


















No comments:

Post a Comment