[Valid Atom 1.0]

Friday, October 12, 2012

Gluten Free Corn Dogs/pups



I have tried a few recipes for Gluten free corn dogs/corn pups, and I have modified and mixed a few recipes to find what I like the best.  This recipe is family approve and kind of fun.  The one I used does not include the sticks and that is what makes them Pups, but you can use the sticks since it makes them easier to dip and fry.  I use GF Bisquick for the ease.  Most of my cooking is done as sort of homemade.  Also this recipe works if you are making chicken nuggets and the batter freezes pretty well.  Just make sure to completely thaw it and mix it well before use.



Without Further Ado, I give you my version of Gluten Free Corn Dogs/pups.


  • 1 1/2 cup GF Bisquick
  • 1/2 cup GF Corn Meal
  • 2 eggs  (beaten)
  • 1 cup Milk (you can substitute this for Almond or soy milk)
  • GF Hot Dogs
  • 1 TBSP Sugar
  • 1 TBSP Salt 
  • Sticks (if you wish)
Preheat your deep fryer or oil to about 350.

Mix the dry corn meal, sugar, salt, and Bisquick together.
In a separate bowl beat the eggs and add the milk.
Slowly add the egg mixture to the Bisquick mixture. 
Wisk the ingredients together, the batter should be like pancake batter.  If it is too dry add a little more milk until it is right if it is too wet add more Bisquick. 
(For pups cut the hotdogs in half)
Slowly push the sticks into the hotdog.  I like using grill skewers that I have cut in half.
Coat the hotdogs with the batter and carefully put them into the oil.  Fry until the batter is a nice golden brown.  This can take about 1 1/2 to three minutes.
Remove from the oil and allow the corn dogs/pups to cool slightly on paper towel.
Enjoy with your favorite GF condiment.  







No comments:

Post a Comment