[Valid Atom 1.0]

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Gluten Free Shampoo and finding the right one.

Being Gluten free and highly conscientious I had a lot of trouble trying to find a great new shampoo.  So instead of muddling though by myself I asked some professional advice. 

This is the answer that was told to me.

"It really depends on the hair type you have. Since you (meaning me) have thin, long light colored hair the products you use are going to need to bring shine and if you can get it body.  That means nothing that is going to weigh you down. Also I bet you tend to have dry ends and oily roots, that means you want something for that."

Since she was right on with my hair and the needs of my hair I explained to her that my last shampoo had Gluten in it so I decided it was time for a switch.  Also since the most perfect shampoo in the world (in my opinion) was discontinued then I was going to have to start from scratch.

She informed me that when I found the perfect shampoo I would know after three consecutive washes.  It would do what I need but also my hair should be able to be combed or brushed through while wet without too many issues.  So straight out to the shower I should be able to towel dry my hair and then be able to run a brush right through it.  If I can do this and the results last at least 24 to 48 hours then I have found what I am looking for.  You are going to be more difficult since you cannot use anything containing Gluten. 

My needs are an oil controlling shampoo that is light and creates shine.  However, this only is what I need, everyone has a different hair type. Some more tips are to try samples instead of buying the whole product.  You may not get the right shampoo on the first try.  If they have the small travel size (for regular store shopping) pick it up instead. 

Note the first time you use a shampoo it may not feel great on your hair.  This is because it is stripping the residue from the other shampoos this is why you need to try the product at least three times in a row.

I am still searching for another great shampoo but at least now I know where to start. 


A list of Shampoo ingredients to avoid is 
     Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour
     Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract
     Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Oil
     Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran
     Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
     Cyclodextrin
     Dextrin
     Dextrin Palmitate
     Disodium Wheatgermamphodiacetate
     Hordeum Vulgare Extract
     Hydrolyzed Malt Extract
     Hydrolyzed Oat Flour
     Hydrolyzed Oat Protein
     Hydrolyzed Oats
     Hydrolyzed Wheat Flour
     Hydrolyzed Wheat Gluten
     Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
     Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer
     Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch
     Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
     Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
     Malt Extract
     Maltodextrin
     Secale Cereale (Rye) Seed Flour
     Sodium C8-16 Isoalkylsuccinyl Wheat Protein Sulfonate
     Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acid
     Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract
     Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil
     Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Gluten
     Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Starch
     Wheat Amino Acids
     Wheat Germ Glycerides
     Wheat Germamidopropalkonium Chloride
     Wheat Protein
     Wheatgermamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate
     Yeast Extract


No comments:

Post a Comment