[Valid Atom 1.0]

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Gluten Free Teriyaki Recipe

This Image is Public Domain
My husband like meat sticks and other type’s oriental based foods.  However, this has come into an issue since I couldn't find a decent Teriyaki sauce to use.  I mean, he could always get what he wanted form the local delivery and I could make myself something.  However, that means no kissing and not a lot of touching for at least half an hour as well as I go out of my way to make him feel guilty.  Yep, I pull guilt trips when he eats gluten in front of me.  Just because I can't eat it doesn't mean that I don't want to.  "Oh, I bet that cookie tastes good.  I really wish I could eat that cookie."  Statements like this keep gluten food from being eaten in front of me.  

However, this didn't lessen the craving for oriental inspired food.  After time I came up with this Teriyaki recipe.  Please enjoy!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup GF soy sauce 
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon GF ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon GF garlic powder
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons corn starch (or another starch like tapioca)
1/4 cup cold water

Instructions
Mix all ingredients but corn starch and 1/4 cup water in a sauce pan and begin heating on med heat.
Mix corn starch and cold water in a cup and dissolve.
Add the corn starch water mixture to sauce in pan.
Heat until sauce thickens to desired thickness.

This sauce keeps for about two weeks if it is sealed and refrigerated.  Please feel free to double or triple the recipe.  Make as much sauce as you need and can use in a two week period.  

No comments:

Post a Comment