Temperatures have started to rise and that brings to mind a grill day, or at least a lighter meal. Here is a fantastic gluten free recipe that is sure to please almost everyone (who doesn't have a shrimp hating ward). I can't wait to start grilling this year. Sadly, I will have to wait until I have moved. Only then will I have a place to grill.
- 1 1/2 lbs Large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (you can also use Mango)
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- 2 limes wedged
- 8 Wooden (or metal) skewers (12 inches)
- Soak the wood skewers in the water for at least 30 minutes before using them. (skip if you are using metal skewers)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. (or preheat oven to 450)
- Add salt and pepper to every shrimp.
- Skewer shrimp, bell pepper, pineapple, and onion pieces alternately onto each of the skewers. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done. Squeeze juice from lime wedges over kebabs, or on the top rack of the oven using a greased baking sheet. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until the shrimp are done.