[Valid Atom 1.0]

Friday, February 1, 2013

14 Days of Romance- Day 1

Today is the first day in February.  Since most people these days don’t seem to have a lot of money I thought it would be a great idea to do 14 days of romance instead of just one.  Truth be told 14 days of small gestures may mean a lot more than one large gesture.

Today you should write your loved one a love letter, a physical letter that shows how much you love them and why.    It is so easy for us to get caught up in e-mail, text messages, cell phones and other forms of digital communication.  However, when was the last time you sat down and wrote something tangible for the one you love?  Tell them how much they mean to you and add what you love about them.  This can be hard if you are mad at them or other stuff is going on.  However, this one token can mean so much.

For an example here is what I am going to be writing to my husband.

Babe,

I know I don't always say it as much as I should, or tell you with the correct words how much you mean to me.  We have been through so much together and I know that we will have more trials in the future.  However, I wanted to take this time to let you know what you mean to me.

You are the most important person in my life.  There are many reasons for that, but I have narrowed it down to what I love most about you.  You make me laugh in a way that no one else can.  You know me inside and out and still love me for who and what I am.  You share a lot of my insane interests. I love the way you hold my hand while we are watching TV shows and the way that you smile when you think I am not funny but you don't want to hurt my feelings.  How you will eat what I have cooked even when I have messed it up completely.  How you seem to know what to say when I am feeling my worst and how you have been with me through it all.  We have been together for almost 15 years.  In a little over a year I will have been with you for half my life.  I can’t imagine my life without you.  Thank you for existing and for being with me.  Know that even when I am mad or when I can't stand to be around anyone that I still love you very much and that will never change. 


3 comments:

  1. Aw that is so sweet! Maybe I should do that too. Great suggestion and great to save money!

    julie @ Naptime Review
    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking forward to this series on your blog!!! (copy and paste) LOL - Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love real love letters. They're so romantic!

    ReplyDelete