[Valid Atom 1.0]

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Mental Energy and Money


Today’s NaBloPoMo prompt is "What reoccurring thought uses up a lot of your mental energy?"

I have thoughts that constantly take up my mental energy.  Basically I get nuts about money and our money situation.  I am still in school and almost done, while I am in my last part I am not working.  That leaves my husband as the only income.  We also have two dependents that we take care of.  Not that I would want to ever make them go away but it makes it hard to live on only one income.  It wouldn't be so bad if the house we own stopped giving us issues.


 Every time I start to get ahead something breaks.  This last week my husband avoided being hit by someone who ran a red light.  Not being hit is a great idea, however that jerk cost us $500.00 in tire and wheel repairs.  Then today we find out that we have to replace the septic system on the house. Our home warranty will not cover it even though we DID buy the extra coverage.  Somehow Septic system changed to Septic System Pump when we needed the coverage.  Thanks First American home Warranty.  (Sad thing is they are still better than American Home Shield.)  However, this leaves a lot of money concerns for me.  This one thought takes up a lot of my mental and emotional energy.  In fact if someone in the house really wants to tick me off, they only need to mention finances or money.  I am then mad for at least 20 minutes. 

We had 3 months of everything saved up before we moved.  The move, the roof, the house, the car and everything else has cleared out most of our savings (not including retirement.).  So this really is what I spend most of my time thinking about.  Once I am able to work in my chosen field this won't be as much of an issue.  Until then...

Question of the hour!

What one thought takes up most of your mental energy?



No comments:

Post a Comment