With the changing of the clocks there is one more thing that needs to be changed. Your beauty routine is no longer going to work as well in the coming months. It is time to add extra moisture to your face, nails, body and hair. The down side of this is that it is not always easy to find Gluten free products. Now is the time of year to deep clean or replace all makeup brushes, throw out old mascaras, go through and get rid of expired makeup and alter the way you take care of yourself.
Winter brings around cold and dry conditions that can suck the moisture out of you both inside and out. The easiest thing to winterize is your diet. Start including more oils and water in what you eat and drink. You need to consume just a little more on the oils and at least one more glass of water a day. The hard thing to do is find products to help winterize the outside. I have a few suggestions for you of gluten free products that might help you get started.
- Burt's Bees Radiance Day Cream: A lightweight moisturizer that is very nourishing. This is great for people with dry skin and perfect for winter.
- Burt's Bees Naturally Ageless Day Cream: This contains the same ingredients as the radiance but it also contains much more since it is an anti-age cream. The whole line of the naturally ageless is gluten free.
- Burt's Bees Moisturizing Day Crème: This is a normal everyday gluten free moisturizer that works well with everything. Please note if you have a nut allergy this cream is not for you.
- Dakota Free Baby Your Skin Balm: Started with Babies in mind, it is now used by many age groups it is a rich multipurpose cream that is best used as a night cream. This cream contains no gluten, latex, fragrance and is lauded as vegetarian.
- Keys Luminos Facial Moisturizing Therapy: This is a strongly hydrating moisturizer that has a good concentration of anti-aging ingredients. This is gluten free, chemical free and also compleatly vegan.
- Keys Solar Rx Broad Spectrum Sunblock: A sunscreen as well as a facial moisturizer. This contains most of the same ingredients as the luminos but includes the sun protection.
- Neutrogena's Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 30: This extremely hypoallergenic cream is great for those with oily skin.
- Aveeno Essential Moisture Lip Conditioner: No gluten added
- Badger Balm: Gluten and allergy free
- Blistex: Gluten Free
- Burt’s Bees: No gluten added
- Carmex: Gluten Free
- ChapStick : No gluten Added
- Gluten-Free Savonnerie: Gluten Free
- Nivea : No gluten added
Hair shampoo and conditioners:
- Costco’s Kirkland This is a no gluten added product. Cross contamination may occur.
- Dessert Essence Organics: Found at health food stores
- Dove: Many of the products are gluten free and Gluten will be labeled if it is present.
- Gluten-Free Savonerrie- Hypoallergenic
- Head Organics- Found on Amizon.com
- Morrocco Method: Vegan friendly and Gluten free
- Organique- Paraben SLS and gluten free.
- Original Sprout: Order this online this is vegan friendly and free of soy, gluten, parabens, dixoanes, sulfates, formaldhyde and many other not great sounding ingredients.
- Suave: Many gluten free products but like Dove check the ingredients any gluten containing ingredients will be marked.
- Burt’s Bee’s: No gluten added lotions and body butters.
- California Baby lotions: All California Baby Lotions are gluten free, soy free, dairy free, paraben free and synthetic fragrance free according to the web site. These can be found at Babies R Us and some whole foods stores.
- Dessert essence: almost everything is gluten free.
- Dove: Dove’s Cream Oil Shea Butter, Pro-age, Cream oil body lotion and Shea butter are all gluten free. Also like the Shampoo if there is gluten in it it will be clearly marked.
- JR Watkins: All of the JR Watkins products are gluten free except the Aloe & Green Tea Shampoo and Conditioner according to the list.
- Kiss My Face: The Kiss My Face Vitamin A &E Moisturizer, Honey & Calendula Moisturizer & Peaches & Crème Moisturizer are all gluten free. This is according the list they sent me.
- Mineral Fusion: Vegetarian friendly, paraben and gluten free.
- NOW Shea Butter: Paraben and gluten free
- Savoneire: Gluten, soy, corn, casein, colorants and fragrance free.