[Valid Atom 1.0]

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Gluten Free Doughnuts Semi-Homemade


Glazed with sprinkles

I have been having a killer craving for doughnuts recently and almost nothing was making it better. All of the store bought GF doughnuts are disgusting, so instead of feeling sorry for myself I decided to bake.  At 10pm at night I start making doughnuts.  I did break down and buy a doughnut pan on black Friday so at least I have the right tools, now to find a way to make the darned things.  I look for many online recipes and found that they all require a doughnut maker, something I will admit that I am currently too poor to own.  OK so I can't do that and I am having issues finding any recipes, especially ones that are semi-homemade and gluten free.  I ended up putting together those doughnut maker recipes and coming up with one that is close the recipe on my doughnut pan. 


Batter

Ingredients
Full box Gluten free yellow or chocolate Cake Mix
2 large eggs (or substitute)
1 stick melted butter (or substitute)
1 cup milk (Almond milk works)

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Grease doughnut pan
Mix eggs, butter and milk with the cake mix
using a mixer or by hand beat until the batter is smooth
pour batter into the doughnut pan almost filling the cup.  (I used an icing bag for this)
Bake for 14 minutes.

Plain
For a fantastic icing stolen from my cinnamon roll recipe.

Cream Cheese Icing:
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla 
 
Mix together, then melt slightly to put onto the doughnuts.  
 
 
 
 
Almond milk icing:
3/4 c powdered sugar
1 Tbsp almond milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
 
Mix
 
Powdered sugar
You can also use cinnamon and sugar, or powder sugar in a plastic bag (just put the doughnut in the bag when it is hot) Top however you desire.  Next time I am making blueberry doughnuts.  Yumm

No comments:

Post a Comment