[Valid Atom 1.0]

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Diet Doc Review


I was super excited when I was chosen to review Diet Doc Pre-Packaged Weight Loss Food.  I was able to choose three of their products to try.  I choose to try the 
Diet Doc Thai Chicken –Add chicken and vegetables
Diet Doc Steak Soup – 20 calories per serving – just add meat and vegetables
Diet Doc Hot & Sour Soup – 20 calories per serving – just add tofu or chicken

The other options were
Diet Doc Chili – 20 calories per serving – just add chicken and any vegetables
Diet Doc Chicken Gumbo – Add chicken and vegetables
When they arrived I noticed one key thing about all of the Diet Doc products that I had chosen contained something that I did not expect, Wheat and/or Gluten.  So that means I was not able to personally try any of the above products.  However, that did not mean that I didn't have them tested.  Yes, I went to my family who are still able to eat gluten and I had them try the products.  They loved the Hot & Sour soup the most so that is what the pictures are of.   According to my husband, the Diet Doc has really good flavor it even made the Tofu edible.  He loved how it tasted and it was filling.  He says it would be great for anyone on the HCG diet.  "It is true to the flavor it tasted exactly what it said it is."  This coming from a man who refuses to eat diet food is really good.  

The Diet Doc Steak soup was pretty good the biggest complaint that my family had was that it was slightly too salty.  Not enough to be a detractor, just enough to be noticed.  However, if you are not a fan of salty things than this should be noted, also if you are avoiding salt then this product is not for you.

The Diet Doc Thai Chicken was ok; there was nothing spectacular about it.  From what I was told it tasted fine and had a good consistency there was just not much of a WOW factor.   They said it would have tasted better with the noodles that are suggested as a variation. 
 
Up Sides to this product all flavors.

It had great flavor for being diet food.
It had a good and filling consistency.
There are only 20 Calories per serving which is really good if you are on the HCG diet.
The way these were spiced turned out really well. 

Down Sides to this product

There was gluten in every single one of their foods.  That means those with Celiac or any form of gluten sensitivity cannot have them. In fact for those with any form of gluten sensitivity I strongly recommend against this product. 
They tend to be on the salty side when following the direction exactly.
The biggest down side other than the gluten is that neither the packages nor the instructions told me how much one serving size is.  Is it the whole pot, is it half the pot.  Since I don't know I couldn't tell how many calories my family was consuming for me.  

However, if you are on the HCG diet and are not gluten free this would be a good idea for you.  
My family thought that they could live on it, though they are not all that picky of eaters.  

If you would like more information please feel free to visit Diet Doc at their web site HCG Diet Plan.
Also for those that have no idea what an HCG diet is please visit What is HCG? 



 





I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment