[Valid Atom 1.0]

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Souls Of Darkness-Book Review


I was recently accepted to read and review Souls of Darkness by Louise Hunt, Damon Rathe, and Kenneth Frank, an E-Book on Smashwords.  I had no idea what it would be about other than the title and the short description.

This is the description that was given to me "This illustrated eBook shows exactly what can happen when you take three very different horror, fantasy and sci-fi writers, dismember their work, and then fiendishly stitch it back together in the form of an anthology of their compiled short stories.
A contorted mixture of sinister sci-fi horror, ghostly goings on and true-life terror, carefully combined within the cover of this book."

Basically this book is a collection of short stories that are mostly easy to read.  Some of the stories were really easy to read and others dragged on,it is kind of mixed bag.  My favorite story's were Sensation Seekers and Just the Three of Us. I will leave the reason why these are my favorite to be discovered by other readers.

Each of these stories had a darkness in them be it in the main characters or around them.  When I ended the book I kind of felt like I had read a grown up version of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark or Goosebumps it gives that kind of feel.  The feel that maybe this could have happened, without being too deep or dark.  However, this is coming from someone who studies everything to do with crimes and criminals so my idea of not too dark may be slightly skewed.  Some of these stories would be good with a few Gluten free Ciders around a camp fire or a fireplace.  Some of the stories I had a hard time seeing the darkness inside anyone and more I saw basic human revenge and misery at least in the story Miss Hate. 

For me this was an easy and short read, even reading every story in order.  I finished the entire book in less than two hours.  But it was fun and something that can be walked away from without feeling that you are missing something greatly important.

One of the things I loved about this book is that it comes in every major e-reader formats so you are not stuck with a book that you cannot read on your nook/kindle/tablet.  You get to choose the type of format you need and download it that way.  

If you are interested in obtaining a FREE version of this book go to https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/168150 If you have a smashwords account than this is easy if not then you will need to create an account.  When you go to check out enter code GK56J it is that simple.  This code will be valid until January 1st 2013. 

For more information on this book please feel free to visit the facebook page Souls of darkenss facebook or if you want information on the publisher Fishcake Publications
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment