[Valid Atom 1.0]

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Carrot Apple Salad recipe

So I wanted a salad to go with my homemade salmon and potato chips.  I decided that a carrot salad would be the perfect side.  Here is the downside to this plan.  I personally hate raisins.  I don't care if they are red, yellow or green I don't like them.  So here I am carrots in hand and no idea of what I was going to do.  Then I started looking at an apple and an idea came to me.  It was so good in the end that I had to share. I use all Gluten free items however, this salad works for most people.

4 medium sized carrots with the skin removed
1 large sized apple washed
2 TBS Honey
1/3 cup Mayo
1 TSP Cinnamon
1 TSP all spice
1 TSP sriracha sauce
1/4 TSP salt

Shred the apple and the carrots into a bowl and set aside
in a separate bowl mix the honey, mayo, cinnamon, all spice, sriracha sauce and salt. 
Taste the dressing and alter to taste
Mix the dressing and the shredded apple carrot mixture
Refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve cold. 


1 comment:

  1. I thought it sounded like a basic salad, and then I read "sriracha sauce"... LOL...now you have my attention! I think I will be trying this out this weekend, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete