[Valid Atom 1.0]

Monday, September 16, 2013

Gluten Free Tartar Sauce Recipe

Sauces are the bane of any person with a gluten reaction.  This week I will be posting recipes for sauces.  Today I am going to start with Tartar sauce.  I have found gluten in many varieties of off the shelf tartar sauce.  Since this is so easy to make I don't see why most people would buy it anyway.  Here is a basic tartar sauce recipe.  This is the one that I use every time I decide to have fish.  

Ingredients

1 cup Mayonnaise
3 teaspoons Relish (dill or sweet)
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 teaspoon yellow Mustard (optional)

Directions: 

Mix all the ingredients together and serve.


Personally I do not use the mustard and I use Dill relish.  However, I like my Tartar sauce a savory.  The best thing about the sauce basics is that you can change it to make whatever type of flavor pallet that you prefer.  You could try adding spice, sugar, salt, more or less mustard, relish.  Feel free to play.  You don't need to figure out what Tartar sauce is gluten free with this basic recipe.  Not only is this recipe gluten free and easy.  It could also save you money.  

No comments:

Post a Comment