[Valid Atom 1.0]

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Back to School Food Allergy Summit

Food Allergies have been a known issue for a while.  Believe it or not, I have other allergies other than Gluten; I also cannot eat Sodium Nitrite/Nitrate.  This means that I have learned to be more aware of allergies than many since mine are so hard to avoid, but none of my allergies are immediately life threatening.  This is the case with some school children.  Knowing that your school is ready for the school year and the allergies of your children is important.

In this vein, there will be a Food Allergy Summit on August 20, 2013 at 6:30pm located at 1200 N. Battlefield Highway Chesapeake VA.  

I will be attending to learn more about other allergies and I would love to meet a few of my readers.  So if you live in the Virginia area and can attend this Summit I would love to see you.  The Event is free!

Also there will be a Fare Walk for Food Allergy Nov 2, 2013 at 9:00AM located at MT. Trashmore (310 Edwin Drive, Virginia Beach, VA 23462.  

This is the E-mail I received:

Chesapeake, VA-  On Tuesday August 20 at 6:30pm, Food Allergy Association of Virginia Beach (FAAVB) and Carolina Cupcakery will host a “Back to School Food Allergy Summit” at 1200 N. Battlefield Blvd., the bakery’s Chesapeake location. This free event is designed to bring food allergy experts together with educators and families in one place, to compare notes before the school year commences. 
          Guests will hear about the latest food allergy issues, while sampling great-tasting allergy-aware products from local restaurants. 

Will anyone in the Virginia Area be attending?  If you are, please let me know.  I would love to meet you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment