[Valid Atom 1.0]

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Gluten Free Beers and Ciders



 Since today is a drinking day I thought I would help you out with a list of my favorite gluten free beers and ciders.  These are the Ciders and Beers that I prefer to drink and almost all are completely safe for those with Celiac.  
Beers and ciders:
Most beers cannot be consumed by those of us who are sensitive to Gluten, where almost all hard ciders can be. Since I am not much of a beer drinker I will be listing my favorite 10 brands in order of least to most favorite, five for beer and five for ciders. Please note I like t' sweeter flavors so this may not fit your tastes. If you like the darker flavors you might want to try the list Backwards.

Beer:

Redbridge:  This be made by Anheuser-Busch and be a red logger, it kind of tastes like a watered down yin'-lin' or an off flavored bud light.
Green Quest: For those that like Belgium beers this might be your pick. It has a slightly spiced and sweet flavor.

Brunehaut Bio Blonde: This is not strictly Gluten free since the Gluten is removed from the barley. However, it has a great flavor. It did not make me sick but there are others who are more sensitive to Gluten and might think to avoid it.

Dogfish Head Tweason’Ale: This was really good; it does not have much of a beer flavor but still a great choice.

New Planet Tread Lightly: This be the closest to cider which is my preference while still having a beer like finish. It says it is a blond ale but really more like a beer flavored cider 

Ciders:

Strongbow: This is a beer cider, more a beer than a cider. It has a strong crisp flavor but very little sweet.

Ace Cider:  This cider has a lot of varieties but not always the crisp note I am looking for in a cider. The grape is pretty good as is the honey apple, I would love to try the pumpkin but I can never locate it.

Woodchuck Cider: I was able to snag a mixed pack of this for me first trial. My favorites were the granny smith and the Amber; I was not overly impressed with the summer or the 802 flavors. I would love to try the raspberry or. I was only able to sample a few of their many flavors.

Crispen:  If you have not had a chance to try this brand you should give it a shot. They have many varieties including my favorite (and the only one I have been able to try) the Honey crisp. The web site shows a variety of flavors including those that are more ale like.
Angry Orchard: These ciders are sweet and fantastic with a clean finish. I rate these above the woodchucks only in the sweetness of the drink. They have some great varieties however, I prefer original for now. The Ginger flavor is closer to the woodchuck variety. I rate this brand the best since some of the other ciders are harder to locate for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment