[Valid Atom 1.0]

Monday, February 18, 2013

Semi-Homemade Gluten Free Cobbler

I was in the mood for Strawberry Rhubarb recently.  Only issue with that is that it is the wrong time of year.  Knowing this I found that it was a fantastic time to pull out my gluten free grocery guide and look around for pie fillings that are gluten free.  After I located a few it was off to the store. 


Once I had my pie filling I was left with the giant question of how to make the topping.  However, the answer came quickly.  Why not make a sugar cookie to put on top.  Ok so what is an easy gluten free sugar cookie?  I ended up with a few basic recipes and broke them down into my topping.

Here is the recipe I came up with

Preheat oven to 350

Grease a pie plate
Add the Gluten free pie filling to the bottom of the pie plate
Set aside

Topping

1 cup GF all purpose flour
1 cup white granulated sugar
1 egg or egg substitute
1/3 cup melted butter (or dairy free substitute)
(Some cinnamon if you like)

Mix the flour, sugar and egg together until you get a crumbly mixture
Put the mixture on top of the pie filling
Drizzle the melted butter over the top of the cobbler
Bake for 30 minutes uncovered
Allow to cool and serve

This is a super easy and a great semi-homemade way to impress dinner guests.  Plus I was able to get my fix for a little while.

Question of the hour!

What is your favorite pie filling?

No comments:

Post a Comment