[Valid Atom 1.0]

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Halloween Gluten Free Cocktail Ideas

I was thinking Halloween.  I mean most people are.  Only a few days away and I realized that I am not ready?  You would think with all the time they give you prepare now that I would be able to get my act together and get the holidays right.  Well the issue this year is that I am working.  This leaves me with little desire to do anything when I get home.  If it doesn’t include eating, working out, or relaxing then you can write it off my list.  I may have gotten used to working my schedule now.  However, that doesn’t always mean that I am full of energy when I come home.  Ok, anyway enough defending myself.  While I am going out on Halloween after I hand out the fantastic candy stuffs to the little ones.  I still was thinking about some great drinks that I could serve.  A lot of Halloween based drinks have Oreos in them which makes them full of gluten.  While you can use the gluten free sandwich cookies as a substitute and still have a fantastic drink.  I found one that really knocked my socks off.  Well two.  I am going to share these drinks with you.  Fun, gluten free and alcoholic drinks to share with your friends on Halloween night or at a party. 

The Brain Hemorrhage.  I am sorry if you have seen this everywhere, I just can’t get over how cool it is.

most of a shot glass of peach schnapps
1 tsp Irish cream
2 drops grenadine syrup

Pour the peach schnapps into a shot glass. Slowly add the Bailey's, top with the grenadine, and serve.

Want an Alien Brain Hemorrhage?  Just add a small amount of blue curacao and allow it to settle before adding the grenadine.

Ingredients
Ingredients for Candy Corn Vodka: 
1 1/2 cups vodka
1/2 cup candy corn

add the candy corn to a mason jar and pour the vodka over it.  Close tightly and allow it to sit for 5 days out of direct sunlight.

Candy Corn Martini

5 ounces of Candy Corn Vodka
1 ounce of vanilla Vodka
2 ounces Orange Liqueur
The Juice of 1/2 a lemon
Candy Corn (for a garnish)

Directions: Mix the candy corn Vodka, the vanilla vodka, the orange liqueur and the lemon juice together.  Shake over ice and add to your glasses.  For an extra  snazzy look, pour the mixture over candy corn at the bottom of the martini glass.  


What are your favorite Halloween drinks?

No comments:

Post a Comment