[Valid Atom 1.0]

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Green Earth Pan by Ozeri -Review-


The Green Earth pan is listed as being a natural ceramic coating from Germany, the Green Earth Pan by Ozeri is one of the world's first frying pans to achieve non-stick perfection while remaining absolutely free of PTFE, PFOA and other harmful chemicals.  

Since I am large into making sure that I don't use harmful chemicals with my food, I was very excited to be approved to review this pan.  

The texture on the pan does not make it harder to cook.  In fact it made it easier for me.  The first thing that I made after I got the pan was fried eggs.  I had no issue getting the finished product out of the pan.  Also, the texture allowed the eggs to cook more evenly.  What the texture does is allows small air pockets to get below the food.  This spreads out the cooking in a more even, without creating hot spots.  

This pan says that it has a magnetic bottom that works well on induction stoves.  I have no idea if this is true or not since I don't have that type of stove.  Maybe later in the future, I will be able to test this.

The Green Earth Pan is ceramic coated and PTFE and PFOA free.  PTFE also known as PolyTetraFluoroEthylene is commonly used in nonstick coatings.  This coating can start to break down and fume at higher temperatures.  This means that a harmful chemical is now in the food you are eating as well as the air in your kitchen.  No thank you, that is not something that interests me.  I don't have too many non stick pans; however, after learning this I might have to rethink how I am cooking and what I am cooking with.  

I found this pan to be easy to use.  I don't always like a pan when I first get one, I normally have to get used to it before I start to like it.  I can honestly say that I loved working with this pan from the first time of using it.  Also I could handle the pan while cooking.  The handle didn't heat up.  That is a huge bonus for me since I sometimes need the stability of the handle when working with the food.  

As with everything else, there are down sides.  These pans cannot be stacked in any way.  They need to be hung or stored alone.  The reason for this is that the nonstick coating can be scratched.  Also you cannot heat this pan empty.  That means that the food needs to heat at the same time.  This would not be a great pan to fry things in.  Also you cannot cut thing in the pan since it will scratch the coating.  However, used correctly this can quickly become one of your favorite pans; it is becoming one of mine.  

One last unique feature of this pan is that it comes with a full warranty.  This is great since I know at some time I will screw up and do something wrong.  It is an amazing peace of mind to know that there is a warranty included.  This means that this pan is built to last for many years.  I hope to enjoy those years cooking with it.  

For more information or to buy this pan, please visit Amazon
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment