[Valid Atom 1.0]

Friday, March 15, 2013

Nescafe memento -Review-





As part of my Bzz Agent thing I was asked to review Nescafe Memento.  I received all three flavors Cappuccino, Mocha and Caramel Latte.  The first thing I did when I was invited to this campaign was check to see if these items were gluten free.  The good news is that they are gluten free unless you have an allergy to Corn.  They are however, not lactose free.  Also if you have a coconut allergy then these are not the products for you.


I have been drinking coffee on and off since the high school coffee cart (at 30 something this puts me at a lot of years).  While I still cannot stand black coffee and take a lot more creamer and sugar into my coffee than I should.  I do enjoy Coffee house coffee from time to time.  That brings us to the Nescafe.

The first thing I noticed is that each type foamed on its own.  They looked very much like coffee made at a coffee shop.  Note you do have to mix it well. 


The coffee looked and smelled fantastic.  The downside is that it doesn't have much flavor.  It is caffeine, it does foam and it has a good smell but the flavor side of it is lacking.  However, you are paying way less for these than you would at a coffee shop.  The way I ended up using these was mixing them with drip coffee it upped the flavor As part of my Bzz Agent thing I was asked to review Nescafe Memento.  I received all three flavors Cappuccino, Mocha and Caramel Latte.  The first thing I did when I was invited to this campaign was check to see if these items were gluten free.  The good news is that they are gluten free unless you have an allergy to Corn.  They are however, not lactose free.  Also if you have a coconut allergy then these are not the products for you.

and you still got the same foaming effect. 

Upsides:

Easy to make
Looks like coffee house coffee
Smells good
Much cheaper that any coffee house
Gluten free

Downsides:

Doesn't have a lot of flavor
Still contains lactose (for those of us who have to take a pill to drink this coffee)
Contains corn products for those with corn reactions, I would not recommend them for people with this issue.

Overall if you are a light coffee drinker than these are for you.  They are easy to make and you can have coffee house styled coffee at home or at the office in only a few seconds to a few minutes depending on how you make it.  You get perfect foam every time.  The three flavors were okay, just not strong enough in my mind.  I wish that the smell matched up the flavor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment