[Valid Atom 1.0]

Monday, November 12, 2012

Essential Gluten Free Grocery Guide Review



I was asked to review the Essential Gluten Free Grocery Guide by Triumph Dining.  I was amazed by some of the Gluten free items I didn't know about. Also as you can see by the condition of the book I have already gotten some great use out of it.

I had thought myself pretty savvy on the Gluten free front.  I had what brands I know worked well, I knew how to handle my eating habits be it cooking at home or dining out.  Truth is there is so much more than what I thought before. This guide told me all of the items that are already available at my normal grocery store.  Things I didn't have to so searching for in the overpriced section of the specialty foods. 

This book had almost everything dairy and eggs, beverages, baking Aisle, Canned and Prepackaged foods, Bread, Cereal, Pasta, etc, Condiments, Snacks, Baby Food and Formula, Frozen Foods, and meat.  It even has an Ingredients Table to help you avoid mistakes in your own food choices as well as a symbol guide to let you know how accurate the information is and/or how much of a risk the food is to you. 

Being that it is November and the month of eating amazing foods, I thought I would look up pie fillings.  I have been to the stores and taken a look at the labeled organic, gluten free pie fillings and ran away from the prices.  However, Libby's easy Pumpkin pie mix came up as something that I can eat.  That means with the right crust I am set for Thanksgiving dessert this year.   Also if you don't want to make a pie out of it you can make custard. 


What about seasonings so that you don't add something that could make you sick? I flip to page 144 and can see what is safe for me to use.  Don't like to cook?  Turn to page 405 and it will let you know what prepared meals and sides are safe for you.  For example the Goya Tamales Colorado are safe to eat, this makes me very happy.

This guide is a must for those people who suffer from any form of gluten sensitivity or intolerance.  There were so many different choices that are safe and they have information for the stores you might already shop.  I found info from Safeway, Costco, Kroger's, Win-Dixie, Trader Joe's, Walmart and other stores.

 Now I wonder how I got along with this guide before.  This would have been so much help to me when I was just learning how to be gluten free.  Also I see this helping my wallet in the future as well as saving me time.  I don’t always have the time to read the labels on everything and my grocery trips have already gone from 30 minute or an hour to at least 1 ½ hours.  I hope to be able to save some of that time by having a list ready with brands I know I can eat.  I was extremely impressed by the information and the way everything was organized in this guide, it will make my life so much easier. 

For those who want this guide for your own it is available online.  For more information about the guide please visit Triumph Dining. It Also appears that they make a restaurant guide that would be a great help as well.  A huge thank you to Triumph Dining for allowing me to test this amazing book. 

3 comments:

  1. Good product and great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that it has information about stores like Walmart, which we shop at (way too) often. Great to have a guide like this on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great information! Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete