[Valid Atom 1.0]

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Product Review

Product Review

An exciting day, some of the products that I ordered have arrived.  So I will start with each item that I have tried in the last 24 hours.

Katz Gluten free doughnuts: Yeah not anywhere as good as I had hoped.  They were hard cake doughnuts with a light amount of not great jelly inside.  They might be better warmed but all in all they were not really good.  It was a great disappointment from a brand that I like.  I guess not any brand can do everything well.

Sof'ella Chocolate cake mix: this was fantastic even in a bread maker.  Yes I use a bread maker to make a cake; it turns out well on setting ten.  Well this was fantastic, it turned out very well.  I fed it to my not gluten free family.  They loved it.  I loved it, it tasted like normal cake.  It was a little light on the chocolate flavor but great with the leftover cream cheese frosting.  I highly recommend this brand.

The Kitchen Table Bakers Aged Parmesan Crisps:  Yes this is gluten free but they taste like stale oily Parmesan cheese.  I suggest you save the massive amount of money that these cost they should be better.  I Buy Parmesan cheese and make your own, it will taste better and cost less.

Note: if you have bought these and didn't like them, instead of throwing them away try breaking them up and adding them to a salad.  That made them editable.

recipe pulled from About.com Cheese crisps

  • 1 cup grated hard cheese (such as Parmesean) - NOT the dried powdery stuff

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Note on type of cheese: You can use any kind, really, but the results will be different. Hard cheeses, such as Parmesan, Romano, Asagio, etc, will make a crisp "shell," whereas cheddar will be more chewy and "lacey" (the fat separates out), though still firm. Softer cheeses such as mozzerella will not work well.

Toss cheese with any seasonings you'd like -- garlic powder (about half a teaspoon for a cup of cheese), hot pepper powder, even cinnamon. Or leave plain.

Pile 1 to 4 Tablespoons of cheese (depending on the size you want) on a baking sheet covered with a Silicone mat or parchment paper oiled on both sides. Flatten the tops so they are in more or less an even pile. There should be at least two inches between smaller mounds, 4 inches between larger ones.

Bake 5 to 6 minutes until they are a light golden brown (they will be a little darker at the edges). It happens fast, so watch carefully.

These will be much better and they will not be stale.  

No comments:

Post a Comment